Scholarly publishing is more reliant on data and systems than ever before. Successful publishers and intermediaries will be able to leverage their information assets, gaining deep insight into their business, efficiencies across workflows, and a competitive advantage in the market. By helping to transform raw data into an asset, Ringgold can empower scholarly publishers – and the partners that serve them – to face the new interconnected and data-driven environment.
Organizations play multiple roles for publishers and intermediaries: licensees, consortia, prospects, funders, and affiliations of authors, reviewers, editors, and more. Normalizing and enriching organization-related data is a major step in treating your data like the valuable asset it is. Ringgold’s Identify Database is the leading organizational reference database serving the scholarly, academic, and research fields, and has been a key component of successful data strategies for more than 15 years.
The Identify Database allows you to normalize and enrich your data so that you can:
Identify Database: a singular resource
The Identify Database aims to be a complete reference database of organizations to support master data management:
Ringgold: a Trusted Data Partner
Ringgold Organization Identifier
- Unique numerical ID to disambiguate each organization
- Facilitates linking between systems
- Links to ISNI, IPEDS, NCES, Open Funder Registry IDs
Geographic & Demographic Metadata
- Up to 25 pieces of structured data: Location, Subjects, Tiers, Industry Sector, Size, and more
- Augments understanding of each organization
- Powers multifaceted analysis
Parent / Child Links
- The most complete hierarchical structures available
- Reveal connections between related organizations such as departments and universities, subsidiaries, government agencies.
- Enables reporting at any level of an organization
License options: Annual subscription or perpetual use licenses are available. Fees are based on the size of your organization
Delivery formats: Identify Database licenses include access to support a variety of workflows & implementations:
- Local hosting: complete database or delta files delivered weekly
- API / webservice
- Identify Online interface