Customer Bulletin Winter 2020
Happy Holidays from Ringgold!
As the year draws to a close, the staff at Ringgold wishes everyone a peaceful season as we look forward to ringing in a more hopeful new year. Ringgold enjoyed adding more new customers in 2020 than any prior year, showing that having metadata you can trust, in a structure you can use, is more important than ever. Our wide base of loyal customers are the foundation of Ringgold’s efforts to maintain what is now a very large set of detailed organizational data and structural hierarchies… we couldn’t do it without you, and we appreciate the community’s support!
We wish everyone a bright new year and look forward to growing together.
Ringgold Data Services is honored to serve the following new clients
- National Academy of Sciences
- Manuscript Manager
New Videos about Ringgold Data Services
If you haven’t reviewed Ringgold’s online directory of consortia recently, we have produced a new video that takes you through the whole service and clearly explains how this resource can help you understand the complex relationships between academic organizations: Consortia Directory Online (CDO) Video
Also, Beth Hoskins recorded a recent review of Ringgold Data Services with Key Use Cases; she takes you through practical examples of how our data helps our clients.
Visit Ringgold’s YouTube channel for more videos covering our full range of services.
Researcher to Reader Conference 2021
Diane Cogan and Laura Cox will be attending this event in February. Get in touch if you would like to make an appointment with us.
We’re constantly working in the background to enhance our services for you
So far this year our expert researchers have added 22,244 new records and updated 52,525 records in the Identify Database.
During the last 12 months we saw an increase in direct cooperation from universities when updating their records. This included reviewing the university full hierarchy and adding missing department records. In particular we received feedback from and worked with:
- Ringgold ID 2717 Cranfield University
- Ringgold ID 8016 UiT Norges arktiske universitet
- Ringgold ID 127355 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Ringgold ID 27258 University of Vienna
- Ringgold ID 4019 University of Hull
Ringgold will review organization hierarchies on demand for a small fee. If you feel your organization’s hierarchy is incomplete, or otherwise in need of an update, please contact email@example.com for more information about how to get the process started.
In addition, we have reviewed and updated all associated records for:
- Ringgold ID 7067 The University of Texas System, including all campuses. The system belongs to the ten most research active systems in the US
- Ringgold ID 3357 Arizona Board of Regents, and its three campuses The University of Arizona, Northern Arizona University and Arizona State University
- Ringgold ID 4615 Imperial College London
- Ringgold ID 2541 Monash University, one of the leading universities in Australia
- Ringgold ID 5622 Universite de Montreal
Also, several of our country experts have been busy updating Slavic language and Chinese records.
Consortium Directory Online update
We have updated the CDO records for these larger, more active consortia recently:
- Ringgold ID 93936 JISC Collections
- Ringgold ID 146229 Canadian Research Knowledge Network
- Ringgold ID 59250 Higher Education Library Information Network Inc
- Ringgold ID 59269 NC LIVE CARE
- Ringgold ID 418001 Gruppo di Coordinamento per l’Accesso alle Risorse Elettroniche
The entire Ringgold staff team would like to wish all of our customers and colleagues a very happy holiday season and say THANK YOU for your support over the past year.
During the festive period we will be closed December 25 and January 1. Otherwise, our holiday support availability is Monday through Friday (US East Coast office hours) and we will aim to get back to you during this time within one working day. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identify Database exports for Local Loading will continue as usual over the period. Our Validate service will be available as normal, but we are not able to guarantee a 24-hour turnaround on new records submitted between December 23 and January 4.
Alternatively, please visit our dedicated Support Site to find answers to the most commonly asked questions about Ringgold’s services: https://support.ringgold.com/
Meet with us at these industry events
SSP Annual Conference
24 May 2021 - 27 May 2021
London Book Fair
29 Jun 2021 - 1 Jul 2021