Thank you for considering use of Ringgold's OpenIdentify. By registering to use this web service, you agree to the following:
1. Your use of OpenIdentify services (referred to collectively as the "Services" in this document) is subject to these legal terms (referred to herein as "Terms").
2. These Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Ringgold for your use of the Services.
3. As a user you fall into one of two categories:
A.) Registered User, where you may search and otherwise use the Services with limits to accessing information, or
B.) Subscriber, where you pay for additional access to view more extensive metadata with the ability to perform additional functions, such as to compile reports. Subscribers are subject to additional terms specified in a license or other formal agreement.
4. You can accept or reject the Terms by clicking your decision at the end of this document.
5. Ringgold continues to enhance these Services, and you understand and agree that you may temporarily or permanently be denied access.
6. As a Registered User you agree that Ringgold may establish a fixed upper limit on the number of searches or transactions you may transact during a specified time period.
7. As a Registered User or Subscriber you agree that Ringgold shall not be liable for any failure or delay or interruption in the providing of online access to the Services.
8. As part of registering to use these Services you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as your name and email address), and you agree that such information you provide will be correct.
9. Once registered, you can use the information contained in these services for educational and commercial purposes, provided that in doing so you do not violate any provisions of these Terms.
10. You agree not to gain access to any of these Services except through the interface provided by Ringgold and you agree not to access the Services through any automated means such as web robots, crawlers or spiders.
11. Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Ringgold, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose.
12. As a Registered User or Subscriber, you agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account established for your use; you agree that you are solely responsible for all activity occurring under your account.
13. The Services may include hyperlinks to other web sites. You acknowledge and agree that Ringgold is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy, or existence of any products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites.
15. You agree to Ringgold's monitoring of your use of the Services. (Note: Monitoring is done for administrative reasons and to detect fraudulent use. Do not click to agree to these Terms if you object to monitoring. Ringgold does not disclose personal or organizational information to third parties but will report illicit use to proper legal authority.)
16. You agree not to redistribute any material retrieved from the Services provided by Ringgold except where specifically allowed by a separate Agreement, License or expressly provided in writing by Ringgold. You may not use Services to create products or perform services which compete or interfere with those of Ringgold.
17. You may contribute information to the Services herein. In doing so you agree that Ringgold may use such content as it deems appropriate.
18. The Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon.
19. Ringgold may make changes to the Terms from time-to-time. When these changes are made, Ringgold will post updated Terms on the website and may require you to re-register.
20. Part 1. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT RINGGOLD'S WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. FOR EXAMPLE, SOME JURISDICTIONS DON'T ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
20. Part 2. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THESE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." RINGGOLD DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR FREE FROM ERROR, OR THAT ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE OR DATA PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
20. Part 3. INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM DATA DOWNLOADED OR THE USE OF SERVICES.
20. Part 4. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RINGGOLD, PROVIDED ORALLY OR WRITTEN, OR OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
20. Part 5. RINGGOLD FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. LIABILITY LIMITS
21. Part 1. SUBJECT TO THE PROVISIONS IN SECTION 20 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT RINGGOLD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS. FURTHER, RINGGOLD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, OR EXISTENCE OF ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS.
21. Part 2. YOU AGREE THAT RINGGOLD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
21. Part 3. THESE LIMITATIONS ON RINGGOLD'S LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT RINGGOLD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF, OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING FROM YOUR USE.
22. This agreement contains the Terms which constitute the entire legal agreement between you and Ringgold (exclusive of any services which Ringgold may provide to you under a separate written agreement).
23. You agree that if Ringgold does not enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which Ringgold has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Ringgold's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Ringgold.
24. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
25. As you use the Services, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating electronically. Likewise, when you submit information to us using our communication forms, you have the option to consent to receive return communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Last update: January 8, 2008
Ringgold respects your privacy. We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way in order to monitor activity, but we do not re-distribute this information to third parties. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information (such as IP addresses) when your Web browser accesses our website.
Like many Web sites, we use a cookie for some of our services to store your state information about where you are in the site, as well as to track current and past activity. Ringgold does not store any of your personal information in cookies.
If you turn off cookies in your browser, then the service we provide from the site will be affected and you may be forced to log in every time you visit the site.
Ringgold will never read or attempt to read cookies other than those written by its own services.
Why we store information
Most of the information we collect is analyzed so that we can improve the user interface and to insure there is no misuse of the web site. Search history information is used to maintain accounting charges and as a statistical aid to improve searches or as a diagnostic aid for problem solving. Such information is not shared outside of Ringgold. When necessary we will use your information to contact you. We may send promotional emails occasionally.
What Information is stored
Your Personal or organizational information
What information is stored depends on a user category, typically one of two types:
A registered user provides one's email address, IP address, organizational name and type of organization to Ringgold for our statistical and communication purposes. This information cannot be used to analyze searching histories.
Once registered, cookies are used to store information about the number of available searches the user can make. Information about the user's "state" is also kept in cookies to enable the system to maintain "session" information as the user moves about the site and makes database searches.
Such an account user is an individual belonging to an organization paying a subscription to Ringgold for additional searching and reporting services. In addition to the information for registered users, the individual account user has a personal name, a logon name and password, one's organizational affiliation, an IP address, and related search history information stored. Other data stored can include phone numbers and email addresses.
In order to improve its Services, Ringgold, from time to time, may require additional information or use the information gathered in other ways than listed above. The purpose of any additional information requested will always be explained and your consent gained before use.
Personal or organizational information will not be used for reasons other than stated in this document. Ringgold will not disclose personal or organizational information to a third party, except if required by law.
Last update: January 1, 2008
|Return to registration|